For those of you that buy B2B data lists can you honestly say that you have had a good return on your past investment? There are risks in purchasing lists for email marketing campaigns.
- You are potentially in violation of consent rules under GDPR if the data has come from an opt-in source – these contacts have opted into emails from the original source …. they haven’t opted in to hear from you!
- Are you aware of ‘honeypots’? This is a planted address that can identify spammers and the last thing you want is to fall into that trap. If you buy a list you have no idea how many times these ‘honeypot’ emails have been used. No one wants to compromise their IP address.
How we build our data lists
We abide by GDPR rules and Legitimate Interest is one of the 6 lawful bases for processing personal data for B2B marketing.
Legitimate interest – the direct marketing must be legal: as it is legal for businesses to market to individuals at other businesses by post, by email, by text and by phone (as long as the number is not registered with the CTPS), many businesses will be able to use legitimate interests as their basis for processing personal data for direct marketing purposes.A business person with decision making and budgetary responsibilities can reasonably expect to be contacted with marketing material relating to his or her professional role.
- Using a combination of search terms for Google we draw together information from LinkedIn, news items, professional associations, trading and business park information, along with financial information sources such as Endole, to build relevant data lists for our clients.
- Search criteria are key to building relevant and current lists and we need to know if you want to target a type of business by postcode, size, number of staff, turnover and then we start to search.
- We create Excel or .csv spreadsheets formatted with the following key data:
- Name of organisation
- Full postal address including postcode
- Main phone number
- Type of organisation
- Name of relevant contact e.g. Marketing Manager
- Email address of contact
What you need to do:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the type of companies you want us to search out or give us a call on 01200 400127.
- Cost of a building your bespoke data list is £43 + vat per hour